PVC Halloween Candle came through my boards, I knew it was something I wanted to try. After reading through the list of things I would need, I realized I had most of it already. All that was needed, were tea lights and the PVC. The instructions were very easy to follow.
Hubby cut the PVC into random sizes. I also ask him to cut the top at an angle.
I used PCV glue to glue the pieces of PVC together. That should be done before putting the hot glue around the top. Then, I just put rings of hot glue around the top. I would push out a huge amount and let it run down the sides. Sometimes I had to use the nose of the glue gun to help push the glue down.
Let each layer of hot glue cool before putting another layer of glue. If not, it will just mush together. Next is where I ran into trouble. After getting a nice build up around the top, I grabbed a tea light and tried to put it in the top. Aaauugghh, it wouldn't fit. I should have gotten PVC just a tad larger. Since the lights wouldn't go in from the top, they have to be slid up from the bottom. I have to slide the black insulation up after the light. Then I have to take the insulation out to turn the lights on and off. Oh well, trial and error. The insulation is what holds the tea light in place. I forgot that picture.
I spray painted them an off white color.
I simply couldn't get the "aging" part right. I tried and I tried. I repainted it 4 times before accepting the fact that it was not going to look as good as the one I was copying.
Ta-da...the finished project.