Sunday, October 10, 2010

chicken wire bulletin board

At one time, I had a bulletin board in here, and then didn't like it, so it came down.  But over time, I realize I need a place to hang things, whether it's projects to do or a new recipe to try.  It will be an easy place for me to hang pictures from magazines or ones I print out.  This will make it easier for hubby to see what our next project will be.

I can't remember why this chicken wire was originally bought, but it has been hanging in the garage for over  a year now.  Well, I finally found a use for it.  I went to HD and bought these thin strips of wood out of the scrap wood bin for $2.00.

Hubby used the Kreg Jig and made the frame.  Then I stapled the wire to the back, cutting off the excess wire.  I put a picture hanger on the back, and spray painted it black. Used clothes pins as hangers.
Ta-Da...my new bulletin board.  Love it.

P.S. I want to paint the clothespins several different colors, to make it pretty.

3 comments:

Nickie said...

I LOVE this!!!

Kathy said...

Thank you very much. I like it also.

maryivey said...

i like this