Sunday, August 9, 2015

Broken Pot Fairy Garden

Being my crafty self, I am always looking for a new craft to conquer.  I can spend hours on Pinterest, looking for something easy and inexpensive. I see these really cute fairy gardens, made from broken Terra Cotta flower pots, succulents and little fairy figurines.  Here is the one that made me think, I want to try and copy.


 
 
Here is my stab at making one. 
 
I had one large pot that was already cracked

I broke it a little more.
 
I broke another pot to try and get some small pieces to use as steps.  It is hard to get the pieces to break to the exact size you need. And I hate breaking the pots and then only to realize I can't make this work, and it's all trash.  :(  Also, you can see, I have my ipad outside, so I can keep looking at the picture, I am trying to copy. 
 
Looking good.  But I am not sure what's going to stop the dirt from coming out from under the steps once it rains.  Maybe it will stay compact.  We shall see.

Ta-da.  Hmmm.  I like it.  I think I need more practice.  But, yeah, I will make another one.



No comments: