Sunday, December 7, 2014

Stick Christmas Tree

I am a trash to treasure kind of girl.  Why spend a lot of money, when I can gather a few items, use a little (sometimes a lot) of elbow grease and create something unique and different.  I came across this Christmas-Tree-To-Go  made from sticks and Christmas odds and ends.  How hard can it be?  ...not hard at all.

The page is in German, but all I had to do was look at the picture. Heck, I never fully read (looked) at the entire page until just a few minutes ago.  Several months ago, I found the picture, and put it in my inspiration folder.  All I had was the picture, never venturing back to read how to do it. 

What I have found out in the last hour or so, since reading (looking) through the entire page, is that the tree on the page is considerably smaller than the one I have made.  I knew it was called "tree to go".  But never thought about it being so small.

In hindsight, I also like the smaller ones.  To have a small wall space with one tree, or a wall with several small trees would be just as different. ...and I like different. 

It is what it is.  I made mine much larger.  But...I still like.  Actually, I am really diggin it.  I like it so much, that I just might make a tree for every holiday.  The Dollar Tree sells many small trinkets for each holiday.  Plus, it took up a bare spot of the wall.  Win/win.




No comments: