Thursday, October 6, 2011

Time Out "Nice" seat

My second granddaughter is not even born yet, and I am already making her a "time out" chair.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't procrastinate.  The terrible two's will be here before we know it.

One day while visiting my son and pregnant DIL, I walked through the garage, and noticed this bar stool sitting in a corner.  I asked could I have it, and they said yes.

 Primed

Painted

As I stood and looked at it, I thought where was I going to put it, how was I going to use it.  Light bulb moment...cut it down and make a "time out" chair for the future grandchild.  Afterall, I had found the stool at her parents house and it can now become a keepsake. 

The purple made it look to dark for a happy seat.  I was going to paint a happy face on the top, but decided against that, because with a face it would always have to positioned with the face facing forwards.  Yes, I have issues.  So, decided with the flowers, it could be turned in any direction and not look off.

Ta-da....I love it.

When she hits those terrible twos, and needs a time out, I will ask her to go sit on the "nice seat". Here she can think about why she is being mean or ugly...and the powers from within the chair will transform her behavior back into being as sweet as sugar.

ok, ok...in my head this is how it will work.

No comments: